Rwanda Gorilla Safari, Gorilla trekking Rwanda, Gorilla Tours Rwanda, Gorilla Safari Rwanda.
Rwanda is a world surprising Gorilla trekking Rwanda African safari destination in offering Rwanda Gorilla tours / Rwanda gorilla safaris in Volcanoes National Park – part of the Virunga Massif with about half of the about 420 mountain gorillas that habitat / leave in the Virunga Massif i.e Volcanoes National park Rwanda, Mgahinga Gorilla Park Uganda and Virunga National park Congo. We present to you what you can have as a sample of a customised affordable Rwanda gorilla safari tour / Rwanda gorilla tour / Gorilla safari in Rwanda / Rwanda tour in Rwanda combined with wildlife, culture and scenery depending on your safari interests and ALL these itineraries / Rwanda safari tourpackages can be further tailored to suit your private / group/ family African safari
In Rwanda-the land of a thousand hills, there lies ape species whose existence and unique features has took the world by storm in the contemporary times forming what has been termed as ‘Gorillas in the Mist‘ and these have become the best Rwanda gorilla safaris tour packages.
Rwanda Gorilla Safari Packages
The 1 Day Rwanda Gorilla safari encounter allows even the limited time travellers to go gorilla trekking in Rwanda encounter the critically endangered mountain gorillas Read more
The 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari is a short Rwanda gorilla safari that you can undertake in Rwanda known as the land of a thousand hills…Read more
The Gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda takes you through the Gisozi genocide memorial which has the collection of the remains of the Rwandese that lost their lives in the bloody genocide …Read more
The 4 Days Rwanda gorilla trekking tour is a relaxed Rwanda gorilla safari in the land of a thousand hills. …Read more
The 5 Days Rwanda Gorillas safari & Chimpanzee tracking tour takes you through the two main tourist activities in Rwanda…Read more
The 6 Days Primate safari in Rwanda is a Rwanda safari tour designed to enable you have a detailed encounter with the primates of Rwanda. Read more
The 7 Days Rwanda Gorilla safari & Chimpanzee trekking is one of the comprehensive safari in Rwanda enabling you to explore all the popular destinations in the country…Read more
The 10 Days Rwanda Gorilla safari tour & wildlife is beyond gorilla trekking Rwanda for it incorporates a range of attractions ranging from cultural, historical and natural offerings. Read more
Rwanda Gorilla tours take you to ten (10) habituated gorilla families in the country’s North West including; Amahoro gorilla family, Susa A gorilla family, Susa B gorilla family, Kwitonda gorilla family, Uganda gorilla family, Umubano gorilla family, Bwenge gorilla family, Sabyinyo gorilla family, Agashya (Group 13) gorilla family and Hirwa gorilla family. These exist alongside other two groups namely Beetsme and Pablos Shida that have been listed for research. Rwanda Gorilla Safari tours offer you a lifetime opportunity to view these mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. With each gorilla family capable of taking up to eight (8) people per day, the Volcanoes National Park can in one good morning be filled with up to eighty (80) travelers all on Rwanda gorilla tours.
Apart from gorilla trekking, a Rwanda Gorilla Safari trip to see Gorillas brings to you other memorable encounters in the country’ of Rwanda. The rolling savannah landscapes of Akagera National Park in the east of Rwanda with counts of Massai Giraffe, Elephants, Buffaloes, lions, elands, Roan Antelope, leopards coupled with its myriad of swamp fringed lakes that form the most extensive wetland system in the whole of central Africa is a natural wonder that Rwanda Gorilla Safari visitors have incorporated in their unmatchable packages. The forested landscapes of Nyungwe which presents its self as the largest montane forest in the east of Africa dating back to the prehistoric era something that has accorded it a considerable biodiversity concentration including the 13 primate species among which feature the common chimpanzees that have been fully habituated for trekking experience and the largest grouping of black and white colobus monkey in the whole of Africa coupled with the lush forest canopy which have formed the ground for the famous Nyungwe canopy walk, the first of its kind in East Africa and the third in Africa.
Prime Safaris and Tours Ltd extends Gorilla safari experiences in Africa across the borders to tap into the rich tourist destination of Congo & Uganda with a range of attractions that have earned it a dub as the Pearl of Africa crowned to her by Winston Churchill in the year in 1907. With above 400 out 880 mountain gorillas known to be existing in the world thriving in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and the counts of wild game including the famous tree climbing lions in the adjacent Queen Elizabeth National Park before continuing to explore the snow capped mountains of the moon as described by Ptolemy in 150 AD and proceeding to the primate Capital of the word – Kibale National Park where there are 95% of seeing chimpanzees and eventual encounter of Murchison Falls where the Nile River – the longest in the world leaves a permanent natural feature named the Murchison Falls standing as the powerful water fall in the world, Uganda is by no means an ordinary destination.
Wildlife Safaris in Rwanda
The Rwanda Wildlife Safaris allows you to explore the destination Rwanda without gorilla trekking. You might have tracked gorillas before or you can not include it at the moment because of budgetary issues and this makes the Rwanda Wildlife Safari ideal for such travelers. The wildlife safaris in Rwanda mostly feature Akagera National Park for classic wild game viewing which includes elephants, lions, leopards, Giraffes, antelopes and the aquatics of Lake Ihema like Nile Crocodiles and Hippos not forgetting adventure sport fishing on Lake Shakani. The Wildlife safaris in Rwanda extend to incorporate the culture and heritage tours in Butare in the southern province of Rwanda where the National Institute of Rwandan Museums and Nyanza palace are located. The stretch to Forest park of Nyungwe with 13 Primate Species including common chimpanzees and black and white colobus monkeys with the largest grouping in the whole of Africa is rewarding. Nyungwe also has the famous Nyungwe canopy walk which is the first of its kind in East Africa and the third in Africa stretching to 90m in length and 40m in height. Rwanda Wildlife Safaris also features beach relaxation on Lake Kivu, tracking the golden monkeys, hiking Bisoke, Mount Karisimbi climbing or the Dian Fossey while not forgetting the tour to the genocide memorial sites of Rwanda.
The 3 Days Chimpanzee Safari in Rwanda is a thrilling encounter in the pre-historic forest of Nyungwe where counts of habituated Chimpanzees are found…Read more
The 3 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari to Akagera National Park is a perfect short wildlife encounter in the rolling savannah plains of the eastern Rwanda … Read more
The 5 Days Wildlife and Chimpanzee Safari in Rwanda takes you to the wild game viewing haven of Akagera National Park and the chimpanzee trekking destination of Nyungwe …Read more
The safari takes you to the Volcanoes National Park which protects the Rwandan side of the Virunga mountain chain. .. Read more
The 6 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari takes you to Volcanoes National Park and Akagera National Park not forgetting the genocide sites of Kigali…Read more
Rwanda dubbed the land of a thousand hills boasts of three well protected national parks located in different parts of the country. The three parks have varied habitats thus supporting varied biodiversity allowing Rwanda to maintain a good count natural flora and fauna in its small protected landscapes. The Volcanoes National Park Rwanda in the north west of the country with its Aflo-alpine vegetation is the most popular destination in Rwanda since it is a home to the critically endangered mountain gorillas and the golden monkeys which present an ideal ground for gorilla trekking tours in Rwanda and golden monkey tracking in Rwanda. Volcanoes National Park also protects the Virunga mountain chain on the Rwandan site and houses the Dian Fossey site.In the east of Rwanda, there lies the rolling savannah landscape of Akagera National Park which is the only refugee of savannah wildlife in the whole of Rwanda. It has a rich habitat with a swamp fringed lakes along with savannah plains, papyrus swamps and rolling highlands. The wildlife like Masaai Giraffe, elephants, Buffaloes, elephants, lions, Roan Antelope, elands, among and aquatics like Nile Crocodiles and Hippos are found in the park.The humid forest of Nyungwe Forest National Park in the south west of Rwanda supports 13 primate Species including the common chimpanzees and Black and white colobus monkeys. The park is noted to have survived the last ice age and being one of the largest montane forests in East and Central Africa. Its lush canopy has been brought to you by a remarkable canopy walkway that is 40m tall and 90m long making it the first of its king in East Africa and the third in Africa with its exploration commencing at Uwinka Visitor center.
Akagera National Park is positioned in the north east of Rwanda overlooking the plains of Tanzania. It extends over a geographical spread of 1122 km2 and under a public private partnership arrangement of African Parks and Rwanda Development Board since 2010.The park is named after the River Akagera which is one of the sources of the Nile River which is the longest in the world. The River feeds in the chain of lakes that mark the floor of the Akagera plains including Lake Ihema which is the second largest in the whole of Rwanda. Read More
Positioned in the south west of Rwanda, the Nyungwe Forest National Park overlooks the Democratic Republic of Congo border to the west and the Republic of Burundi in the south. The Nyungwe is noted to be one of the ancient forests of Africa and is known to have survived the last ice age. The Nyungwe forest is noted to one of the largest mountain forests in East Africa and at the moment is considered to be the most conserved forest in the Central African Highlands. Read more
The mountain gorillas are only found in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (400) and the Virunga massif that comprises of Uganda’s Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Parka and Congo’s Virunga National Park (480). They are listed as critically endangered by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.The Gorilla facts are detailed to give you all the queries that you might with to explore about gorillas ranging from what they eat to where and how they sleep and their general lifestyle. Talk about their threats and their social life. The gorilla facts give a summarized insight into the gorilla life style and allow you know about them than ever before.The gorilla facts give you an opportunity to know more about Gorillas as you plan to undertake gorilla trekking safaris in Rwanda and Uganda.
The world traveller would wish to know the travel requirement before considering visiting Uganda and Rwanda. The travel information gives you an insight into the requirements of the basic aspects like Passport, Visa requirements and exemption and the health conditions. Understanding these requirements help one to act accordingly so as to avoid disappointments at the time of arrival.The travel information also features the travel to Uganda and Rwanda. The travellers are given the opportunity to know the flights that operate from their respective originating areas connecting to Uganda and Rwanda. The domestic flights and provision for charter flights is also provided for the sake of flying travelers on safari in Uganda or Rwanda safari.
Gorilla permits in Uganda and Rwanda Gorilla trekking encounter requires one to have a gorilla permit that is fully paid and issued by a valid responsible organization. Gorilla permit is a piece of paper that gives a gorilla trekker the rights to trek the critically the endangered mountain gorillas in the gorilla parks of Bwindi and Mgahinga in Uganda and Volcanoes National Park. As a result of innovations, the cards are now used for the case of Uganda’s Bwindi. As a result of heavy demand for gorilla permits especially in the high season, it is very important to reserve the gorilla permit four (4) months in advance which gives you an opportunity to choose the family that you want to track and also increase your chances of encountering gorillas. After booking and paying fully for your gorilla permit, it can be noted that the gorilla trekking encounter is guaranteed holding other factors constant. Each country has an authorized body that issues out gorilla trekking permits. For the case of Uganda, it is Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) while for Rwanda it is ORTPN. The gorilla permits give you a full day search for gorillas and one full hour direct contact with these critically endangered apes. The price of a gorilla trekking permit in Uganda at Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) headquarters on Kira road Kampala is 600USD for foreign nonresidents, 500USD for foreign residents and 250,000 for East African residents. However, there are promotional offers in the low season (May & November) where gorilla permits go for 350USD for foreign residents, 250USD for foreign residents and 150,000 UGX for East African citizens.Uganda Gorilla permits Refunds and Cancellation Guidelines- Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) refunds 50% of the gorilla trekking fee in case the visitor fails to track gorillas because of illness following a recommendation by the park warden in charge. The visitors who fail to track gorillas due to gorilla movement to the neighboring countries receive a full refund. However, gorilla trekkers who track gorillas the whole day and fail to see gorillas are refunded 75% of the gorilla tracking fee. All refunds are made at Uganda Wildlife Authority Offices headquarters in Kampala. Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) retains the following percentages upon gorilla permit cancellations; 0 – 8 days to tracking date – no refund 9 – 45 days to tracking date – 75% (25% refund to client) 46-90 days to tracking date – 50% 91 days and above to tracking date – 25% (75% refund to client) Permits are sold at face value thus selling at higher value is illegal. Additionally, primary sale of permits is a sole role of Uganda Wildlife Authority thus individual or Tour Company selling is illegal. The payment for gorilla permits has to be made directly to Uganda Wildlife Authority
- What to pack for a Gorilla trekking in Uganda Rwanda
- Wear firm and easy hiking shoes to withstand the muddy slopes.
- Carry ear plugs for those who are sensitive about forest sounds.
- Carry Packed Lunch & enough water.
- Carry with you raingear, sunscreen lotion, insect repellant and a hat as weather can vary anytime.
- Carry with you zoom lens camera for photo shooting, no flash.
Price for a Uganda/Rwanda Gorilla permit. The price for a gorilla safari tour is finally derived after identifying the accommodation range, the vehicle type, fuel to use, gorilla permit fee, guide fee and meals involved. The price for a gorilla permit differs from countries. In Uganda, the price for a gorilla permit is 600 USD for foreign non residents, 500USD for foreign residents and 250,000 for East African residents.
- In Rwanda, the price for a gorilla permit is 1500 USD for all visitors and 15000 for those who want an exclussive gorilla family for themselves.
- Getting a Uganda/Rwanda Gorilla permit. One cannot trek Gorillas in Rwanda and Uganda, if he/she has not acquired gorilla trekking permit. Gorilla permit is a document that gives you the opportunity to encounter the world’s critically endangered mountain gorillas that dwell in the Uganda’s Bwindi and Mgahinga National Parks, Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park and the Congo’s Virunga National Park. Due to high demand for gorillas, it is advisable that gorilla permits should be booked like four months in advance which will not only increase your chances to trek gorillas but also allows you to select your favorite tracking family. This is more important if your safari is slated in the high season. Once you have booked and paid your gorilla permit, then the trekking of gorillas is guaranteed. These gorilla permits are issued by the respective public bodies i.e. Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) and ORTPN of Rwanda. The permits come along with one full hour of gorilla encounter and the whole trekking experience which lasts between 30min – 8 hours. In Uganda, the gorilla permits are obtained at Uganda Wildlife Authority Headquarters on Kiira Road, Kampala at a cost of 600USD for foreign non residents, 500USD for foreign residents and 250,000 for East African residents. In Rwanda, the gorilla permits are obtained at Rwanda Tourism Board offices (ORPTN) offices in Ruhengeri or Kigali city at a cost of 1500 USD for all visitors and 15000 USD for those visitors who want to have an exclusive gorilla family to themselves.
- Rwanda Gorilla trekking rules The gorilla trekking rules and regulations are standard and apply to gorilla safari destinations of Uganda and Rwanda so as to ensure the thriving of the critically endangered mountain gorillas and at the same time the satisfaction of gorilla safari tour undertakers. Before heading for tracking in the forest;
- 1. The number of people allowed to trek each gorilla family are limited to Eight (8) people per day.
- 2. You have to wash your hands before departing for gorilla trekking experience.
- On your way to gorillas:.
- 1. Avoid noise while on your way looking for gorillas.
- 2. Avoid littering in the forest as you pose danger to gorillas and other fauna and also destroy the ecosystem setting.
- 3. You first walk to the point where the gorillas were last seen yesterday and then track them from there.
- 4. Pay attention to the guide’s alert message about the closeness of gorillas.
- When you’re with gorillas:
- 1. You have to maintain a seven (7) m distance (21ft) away from gorillas in order to prevent gorillas from human diseases that can be easily transferred since the DNA is close within two species.
- 2. Do not stray a way from other trekkers while having a direct encounter with gorillas. Stay in one batch.
- 3. You have to keep the voices very low and you are free to ask some questions to the guide in an orderly manner.
- 4. In case the gorilla charges, you have to follow the guides instruction where you are required to crouch slowly, avoid eye to eye contact and create a way through for gorillas. Desist from running.
- 5. Avoid flash photography and be careful of your moves in the process of taking pictures.
- 6. Avoid the temptation of touching gorillas.
- 7. One full hour is availed to you to maximize your interaction with gorillas. (However, this may be altered and the session comes to an end before reaching one hour in case the gorillas charge).
- 8. Keep the voices very low until you are 200m away from them.
- General health rules due to close DNA with human beings- 98 %, Mountain gorillas can easily contract the diseases that are suffered by people.
- Therefore, it is important to note of the following;
- 1. Be able to respect the carrying capacity of a gorilla family per day.
- 2. For a sick or an infected gorilla trekker with a contagious disease, he/she is required to voluntarily remain behind as alternative gorilla trekking activity can be arranged or a refund can alternatively be made.
- 3. In case you want to sneeze or cough, you are required to turn away your head in the opposite side of the gorillas and close your mouth.
- 4. Respect the seven (7) m gap from the mountain gorillas.
- 5. Avoid throwing rubbish some of which include food packages as they possess harmful bacteria that would infect gorillas if they test on the dumped food.
- 6. In case you want to ease yourself, let the guide know so as to dig for you a 30cm hole after which you will carefully cover with soil.
- What to pack for a Gorilla trekking in Uganda Rwanda